The other day I read an inspiring post on Positively Positive by Jennifer Pastiloff and it got me thinking about my own ‘rules’ for living.
What are the keys to living my life fully and happily?
What can I not do without?
What do I do without question everyday?
Here are my rules to live by, leave yours in the comments box below for us to read and share – how inspiring will that be!
- Love, be kind and be gentle to myself….especially when I’m most in need. Then love, be kind and be gentle with others for we never know what they are going through.
- Surround myself with people who raise me up, inspire me, make me laugh and seriously limit my time spent with those who don’t – life is full of radiators and drains, choose those we spend time with wisely.
- Spend time outside walking, looking up at the sky, walking on the beach, in the woods everyday.
- Meditate, pray, do yoga (starting Bikram next week!), be in nature – I go to the woods near where I live and find it spiritually fulfilling.
- Sing and Dance (in private of course!) – wherever I am …in the car, in the shower, the bath or the kitchen. I cannot live without music and dancing.
- Be courageous – mostly we regret the things we did not do and not the things we did.
- Laugh – laughter is vital to life whether at films, tv shows or messing about with the children. Laughter is especially important in bed! Laughing instantly raises my spirits.
- Take a risk – being outside of our comfort zone is where the magic happens in life. You never know until you’ve tried something. There will always be fear about what could go wrong – take a risk anyway.
- I take more notice of my heart and what I feel in making decisions than in my head and what I think about something. I trust my intuition. It never lets me down.
- Speak and act with integrity always. No question. Treat others as you would wish to be treated ……however they treat you.
- I will always fight for what I believe in.
- I learned never to judge myself………….I try my very best not to judge others too.
Please leave your ‘rules’ in the comment box below, and share this blog with others so we can find out what rules for living others have.